What should I do if I have a complaint?

1) Contact us and tell us about your complaint. KPS Wealth Pty Ltd ABN 62 646 321 799 is a member of the Australian Financial Complaint Authority (AFCA).

2) If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved within 20 days, please contact Tim Klingner on 07 4771 6089 or put your complaint in writing and send it to:

Complaints Officer
Att: Tim Klingner
BOX 1682
Qld 4810

We will try and resolve your complaint quickly and fairly.

3) If the complaint can’t be resolved to your satisfaction you have the right to refer the matter to Australian Financial Complaint Authority. They can be contacted on 1300 780 808.

Stage 1 of the AFCA process is where AFCA facilitates discussions and negotiations between the parties. All relevant documents are exchanged and the issues in dispute are identified.

Stage 2 is conciliation and the parties come face to face with a conciliator from the AFCA national panel. The role of the conciliator is to assist the parties to explore options for settlement of the dispute and to help parties to agree on
their own outcome.

Stage 3 is where the independent adjudicator is requested to make a decision “on the papers” taking into account the relevant law, fairness and reasonableness. If you accept the adjudicator’s decision it is binding on the member.

If your concerns involve ethical conduct you may wish to consider raising your concerns in writing with the Financial Planning Association of Australia Limited (FPA). They can be contacted at PO Box 109, Collins Street West, Melbourne
Vic 8007. The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) also has a freecall Infoline on 1300 300 630, which you may use to make a complaint and obtain information about your rights.